Hello friends, myself, Michel, Adam Arvidsson, and some others are going to experiment with pooling money, and non money resources. We are at the "brainstorming and feedback" stage of this project (although, I am also applying resource pooling projects elsewhere)
The reosurce pool is intended to be governed as a "commons". Which means it is voluntary, co-governened, common pool resource. The money pooled is counted as a cooperative donation. In the case where we invest, we still count what is invested in as part of a donation pool, and collectively decide what to do with it.
The framework we are brainstorming is as follows:
1) people contribute $/EURO 5 or 10 per month to the common pool
* People can give multiples of the basic sum, which counts as a separate identity, with a maximum of five contributions per person; additional support can be gifted to other individuals
2) 40% of the money is given back to contributing individuals in a monthly pool of money
Every contributor gets an ID number; allocation through seniority of membership;
3) 40% is available for for-benefit activities. People describe their activities, and if x number of members say 'ok', the money is given to them
* There should be a minimal threshold of EUR 500 that can be given to projects. Every time the threshold is reached a unit of support is created
* Proposed process:'
1) the individual in need of support for a particular project offers a description and finds at least one person to second him; projects can describe how many units of support they require and can either bundle them, or slice their project.
2) the project can be described in terms of a) general support; b) a bounty. A bounty is conditional on result; a general support wish supports the effort but is agnostic on the result
3) each month, participant members are obliged to vote on projects; each member gets a vote of 3 points, a vote of 2 points, and a vote of one point
4) each month, or when the threshold is reached, the project with the highest numbers of votes get the amount; those votes disappear from the tally; surplus votes (more than +1 in comparison with 2nd project, can be re-allocated to the five preferred project of recipient)
5) projects with deadlines; if the deadline passes, the votes garnered by the project are shared by the five projects of choice by the intended beneficiary
6) limitations: each member can only get one unit of support every 3 months, maximum 2 per year
* Reporting: each project that receives funding, reports after one month, three months, and at the end of the process
* Payment: the bounty is offered at the start of the process; if the person does not finish the project as indicated, this is indicated in the report, and will affect the trust in that person, affecting future votes
* Conditions: result of the work must be put in the public domain or use free licenses
4) 15% of the pool is invested in some venture that can generate a return
* A revolving jury of three members is created, using objective rotation amongst the members; each 6 months, the oldest member is replaced
· The investment should be visible through some form of objective ownership of the resource
5) 5% is given to the person or persons who maintain the pool, the website, perform technical support, etc
Your feedback is greatly appreciated