An appeal by Suresh Fernando, that is worthy of our support,
contact him via firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you are not aware, OpenKollab, the Forward Foundation and the P2P Foundation are collaborating on mapping out the Distributed Manufacturing space in some detail.
The benefit to you is that you will:
* Learn about the Distributed Manufacturing space
* Learn about P2P networks
* Learn about the OpenKollab Ecosystem Pooled Fund and alternative strategies for financing social ventures.
* Build relationships with those that are working on the cutting edge of social change initiatives!
In mapping the ecosystem we are interested in understanding
* What the various projects in this space are working on
* What the goals of the projects are
* What relationships they have with each other (common technologies, processes, markets, people etc.)
* What possibilities there are for projects to work together
The following spreadsheet is what we plan to use to gather data: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiJ9wl9qbZEzdGRYY2YzRlhHemV...
The reason that we are mapping the ecosystem is
* We are looking for candidate projects for the OpenKollab Ecosystem Pooled Fund
* We will be able to develop research and intelligence on how P2P networks are structured and how they function. This intelligence can then be used to develop visual maps and other sorts of 'views' of the space that can then be used to connect work being done in this area with work that is being done in other ecosystems.
* We can help to build collaborative infrastructure and processes to help these networks function more effectively.
Candidate projects will be those that bear some relation to each other and where we can identify synergy or mutual interdependence. Since you are all working on distributed manufacturing projects, there is clearly some relationship.
We are looking for volunteers to help us with this project.
Please let us know if you are interested in working with us.