Via Mayo Fuster Morell,
Subject: [Network] WSF - Belem // SOCIAL FORUMS 2.0?: TOWARDS NETWORKED POLITICS: TECHNOLOGY AND KNOWLEDGE
- Please help to spread the word. Thank you -
Seminar during the World Social Forum 2009 - Belem (Brazil)
SOCIAL FORUMS 2.0?: TOWARDS NETWORKED POLITICS: TECHNOLOGY AND KNOWLDEGE
Friday 30th January 2009 - Second Slot (12hpm-15hpm)
* Seminar description: The techno-tools provided by the Social Forums seems to have limited success. The goal of this seminar is to reflect on the strategy of Social Forums regarding technology and knowledge and to analyze and learn from the distinctive organizational form on experiences that do an extensive use of the new technology, such as Wikipedia and the Open/Free Software projects. Members of the Communications and web working groups of different Social Forums will be present together with people connected to the experiences of technological innovation and the Free Culture movements and movements for the universal access to knowledge.
The methodology of the seminar will be a collective conversation and discussion where all participants play an active role.
* Participants: Members of the Communication and Web Commission Of the Forums; Elizabeth Stark (Students for Free Culture and Icommons (USA); Mayo Fuster Morell (Onlinecreation.info); Beatriz Busaniche (Wikimedia 2009 and vialibre.org.ar, Argentina); Federico Heinz (Fundaci?n V?a Libre, GNU project); Marco Berlinguer (Transform! Italia); Hilary Wainwright (TNI); Brendam Smith and Timothy Costello (Global Labor Strategies); David Harris (Global Voices and Institute for the Future); Christophe Aguiton (France); Teodor Celakoski (Multimedia Institute MAMA, Croatia); Janine Guespin (Espaces Marx, France); among others.
* Organisers: Onlinecreation.info, Transform! Italia, Transnational Institute
* Seminar wiki page: http://openesf.net/projects/politicsoftechnology/project-home
(In previous versions of the Forum program the title for this activity was only Networked Politics)