I work as a host at The Hub London (www.the-hub.net
) and am interested in developing this exciting role further with others in this forum.
At The Hub I have the role of setting the culture and 'delivering' The Hub Experience within a hosting team.
Hosting to me is cultivating the conditions for meaningful encounters, conversations, collaborations and innovation.
Personally I got very inspired by Ivan Illich's De-schooling society and Michel Bauwens visit to us in November 2007.
According to Illich, the new educational forms - beyond schooling - would benefit from peole (he didn't give them a name) who would have this role:
- help people find the path to reach their own objectives faster
- facilitate encounters between people and with models
- putting ourselves and other people out of the way if we are not needed
- create services
- advice, assess
- advice on methods for peer learning
- advice on other learning sources, places, people, books
- support people's initiatives and initiate some themselves
This is what hosting means to me.
What inspires you in relation to hosting P2P initiatives?