P2P Foundation

The Foundation for Peer to Peer Alternatives

Forum Discussions (140)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Open hardware, open licenses, patents, climate change, and development: a query

Via the European Business Council for Sustainable Energy: Julio Lambing: As you know, the European Business Council for Sustainable Ener…

Started by Michel Bauwens

0 Nov 15, 2009

Open Source Cloud Comupting?

It appears that the term "cloud computing" has been hijacked by corporate giants who wish to introduce server farms to hold a great amount…

Started by Sepp Hasslberger

3 Nov 5, 2009
Reply by Sepp Hasslberger

The End of Money and the Future of Civilization

"The End of Money and the Future of Civilization" is of course the title of Thomas Greco's most recent book. http://www.amazon.com/End-Mon

0 Oct 15, 2009

terminology : public vs state vs commons

I somehow feel there lacks a distinction what concerns understandings of the words "commons"... "public"... and "state". --- By "public a…

Started by Dante-Gabryell Monson

1 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Michel Bauwens

Crowdfunding, Governance, and P2P

In a community of P2P contributors, how might they leverage the benefits of crowdfunding (i.e. micro-donations from interested people who b…

Started by Austin

1 Sep 4, 2009
Reply by Michel Bauwens

Open Core & Proprietary Fringes w/o Dual Licensing

In the absence of dual-licensing, is there a way to encourage P2P or OS contributors to donate their time, money, and energy to the communi…

Started by Austin

1 Sep 4, 2009
Reply by Michel Bauwens

Dumb Pipes are the Future

In a WSJ article today, Andy Kessler, a former hedge-fund manager and author of “How We Got Here,” wrote an opinion piece, calling for a na…

0 Aug 20, 2009

Quality Criteria for Open Source Products

Some of us had some mail discussions recently about the issue of highlighting the quality of open products. I entered in closer discussions…

Started by Franz Nahrada

7 Jul 12, 2009
Reply by Franz Nahrada

Miraveo: mobile networks as social networks

This was published on www.physorg.com recently http://www.physorg.com/news163846177.html Miraveo was founded just over a year ago with th…

0 Jun 10, 2009

How to complete research paper writing on time?

While I was writing a research paper during my college, I had doubts in my mind. I literally used to ask questions to me such as “How would…

Started by Jenny Stewart

0 Jun 3, 2009

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Josef Davies-Coates.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service