P2P Foundation

The Foundation for Peer to Peer Alternatives

Forum Discussions (140)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Starfish: A Vision of a Distributed Network

Starfish: A Vision of a Distributed Network Raffael Kéménczy (http://kemenczy.at/) is proposing a roadmap towards a distributed net that w…

Started by Sepp Hasslberger

3 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Sepp Hasslberger

Ronja - Open Source line-of-sight optical data link

One way of constructing citizen-owned mesh networks is to use wireless (Wifi) routers and link them into a network. Some people are not ver…

0 Jan 8, 2011

The Importance of Local Connectivity

There is a movement just starting up - it is not very well developed yet - that has as its vision the establishment of an independent layer…

7 Jan 8, 2011
Reply by Sepp Hasslberger

Peep Wireless - peering mobile phones in a mesh

According to an article on Sharable,    Peep Wireless Proposes a Peer-To-Peer Cell Network. This week at the Consumer Electronics Show, Pe…

0 Jan 8, 2011

Backing up the internet in a P2P 'cloud'

With optical cables being cut in the Middle East impeding internet traffic in some geographical areas and a recent court action resulting i…

44 Jan 5, 2011
Reply by Natanael L

Douglas Rushkoff: The Next Net

Douglas Rushkoff, in an article on Sharable, takes a dim view of our chances to turn the internet into a really useable commons. It's contr…

0 Jan 5, 2011

Websites Black-out as Drastic Internet Censorship is Introduced in Hungary

Will the upcoming Hungarian Presidency of the EU attack the Net? A new media law in Hungary creates a powerful censorship authority withou…

0 Jan 3, 2011

Tribler - Decentralized Bit Torrents with a Social Dimension

Tribler - Decentralized Bit Torrents with a Social Dimension Michel just pointed me to an article in Torrent Freak which describes Tribler…

0 Jan 3, 2011

A project on Zero Information Banking, by Smari McCarthy

Smari is asking for comments:   I've been experimenting with a line of thought to allow for p2p social banking with a high level of privac…

Started by Michel Bauwens

0 Dec 26, 2010

Who should use freenet?

Las Indias.net uses freenet for internal communication and recommended it to us.   I asked Sepp Hasslberger to look into it and here is his…

Started by Michel Bauwens

0 Dec 26, 2010

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Josef Davies-Coates.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service